from The Century Dictionary.

  • noun In a pantograph apparatus for enlarging or reducing reproductions from originals, that joint in the rhombus frame which is diagonally opposite the point used in following the lines of the original; specifically, the joint so situated in a pantograph used for drawing from microscopic originals, where the joint is opposite, diagonally, to the tube carrying the microscope tube and objective lens.


Sorry, no etymologies found.


    Sorry, no example sentences found.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.