from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A table in which containers of cooked food are kept warm by hot water or steam circulating below.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun A bench or table fitted with shallow steam-tight tanks: used in restaurants, etc., to keep cooked dishes warm.
- noun A tabular arrangement of data relating to steam-pressures, temperatures, and quantities of heat.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun A serving table or counter with
heaters, traditionally using steam, to keep food warm.
- noun engineering A data table containing the properties of steam under various conditions.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Help support Wordnik (and make this page ad-free) by adopting the word steam table.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.