from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The solid or insoluble portion of the cell protoplasm.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The solid or insoluble portion of the cell protoplasm. See hygroplasm.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In corals, a delicate endothecal structure occupying different positions in the corallite, often forming vertical processes in the interseptal loculi or encircling septa, or acting as true endotheca.
- n. In botany, same as stereoplasma.
- n. The denser or more solid portion of the protoplasm of the cell, as distinguished from the more fluid portion, or hygroplasm.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.