from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A Eurasian marten (Martes foina) having brown fur with lighter underfur and often inhabiting rocky inlets and crevices.
- n. The fur of this animal.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Martes foina; beech marten.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a European marten (Mustela foina) allied to the pine marten, but having a white throat; -- called also beech marten.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Same as beech-marten.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. Eurasian marten having a brown coat with pale breast and throat
Sorry, no etymologies found.