from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Like, or relating to, Strongylus, a genus of parasitic nematode worms.
- n. Any worm of the genus Strongylus.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Like, or pertaining to, Strongylus, a genus of parasitic nematode worms of which many species infest domestic animals. Some of the species, especially those living in the kidneys, lungs, and bronchial tubes, are often very injurious.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Like a strongyle; related to the genus Strongylus; belonging to the Strongylidæ.
- n. A strongyle, or some similar nematoid.
Strongylus + -oid (Wiktionary)
The adult water buffalo appears to have a high degree of resistance to strongyloid nematodes.