from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A schoolroom reserved for study.
- noun A period set aside for study.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun A class period, usually in boarding - or high school, where students are afforded the time for independent
studyand homeworkassignments, as part of the curriculum or after hours, the last notably as a punishment called detention.
- noun The
classroomor other school hall used for such a purpose.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a period of time during the school day that is set aside for study
- noun a classroom reserved for study
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
study + hall
Sorry, no example sentences found.