from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- adjective Smaller in caliber than the barrel of the gun from which it was fired. Used of projectiles.
- adjective Relating to or firing such projectiles.
from The Century Dictionary.
- Of less caliber: said of a projectile as compared with the bore of the gun. See
subcaliber projectile, under projectile.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adjective Smaller than the caliber of a firearm.
- adjective a projectile having a smaller diameter than the caliber of the arm from which it is fired, and to which it is fitted by means of a sabot.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- adjective Smaller than the
caliberof a firearm.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
sub- + caliber
Sorry, no example sentences found.