from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that enters into a subcontract and assumes some of the obligations of the primary contractor.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A contractor hired by a general contractor employed by the contractor rather than directly hired by the customer.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who takes a portion of a contract, as for work, from the principal contractor.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who takes a part or the whole of a contract from the principal contractor.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone who enters into a subcontract with the primary contractor
His longer-term subcontractor, the Okada organization, readily agreed.
Woburn police said the driver of the truck was a subcontractor from the National Grid.
The county pays its subcontractor, which is owned by Lockheed Martin, $16.25 for each ticket it processes.
I then called the subcontractor Bluegrass Satellite direct.
It could be an out of frame: "Did you make sure to call the subcontractor about the drywall?"
The subcontractor was the Mormon company of Benson, Farr & West.
Yes, Scaled Composites would surely have been a very large "subcontractor" if the plan had received any money, if not the prime contractor since they also built a mock up of the proposed capsule and would be be responsible for it's final form.
The Defense Department, in response to questions, said that its interpretation of the 2002 and 2003 agreements is that they provide tax exemptions "to both prime and subcontractors, even though the word 'subcontractor' does not appear."
He note Google is defined in the arrangement as a CSC "subcontractor," and "therefore, as respects indemnification for a breach of confidentiality obligations or for lost City Data, CSC would be responsible to pay for Google's act or error."
What kind of subcontractor goes to a country that's considered an enemy of the United States and now we understand that he's in some high-security prison.