from The Century Dictionary.
- noun The act of lifting or raising; elevation.
- noun A rising or insurrection.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun The act of raising on high; elevation.
- noun rare An uprising; an insurrection.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun The act of raising on high;
- noun An
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
But I will never stint nor rest, until I have got the full and exact knowledge hereof; insomuch that I will be able perfectly to instruct you, not only in the longitude or true meridian of the island, but also in the just latitude thereof, that is to say, in the sublevation or height of the pole in that region, if our friend Hythloday be in safety and alive.