from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. subvertebral
- adj. Situated beneath a spinous process, such as that of the scapula.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Subvertebral.
- adj. Situated beneath a spinous process, as that of the scapula.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Somewhat spinous or prickly; like a spine to some extent: as, subspinous hairs in the pelage of a mammal.
- Situated under (ventrad of) the spinal column; hypaxial with reference to the backbone; subvertebral.
- Situated or occurring below. beneath, or on the under side of a spine, as of a vertebra, or of the scapula: infraspinous: as, a subspinous muscle (the infraspinatus).
sub- + spinous (Wiktionary)