from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Alternative spelling of sulfurate.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Sulphureous.
- transitive v. To sulphurize.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Mingled with sulphur; of the yellow color of sulphur.
- n. A sulphid: as, sulphurate of antimony, Sb2S3.
- To impregnate or combine with sulphur; also, to subject to the action of sulphur.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
I washed her eyes with boric acid and dropped a little cocaine and a feeble solution of sulphurate of zinc into them.
Pure atmosphere does not act upon silver; but we do not have this about in our operating rooms, as it is more or less charged with sulphurated hydrogen, which soon tarnishes the surface of the plate with a film of brown sulphurate.