from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun The greatest or supreme good.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun The chief or highest good.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- (Philos.) The supreme or highest good, -- referring to the object of human life.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun philosophy The greatest
good; the ultimate importance, the singular and most ultimate end which human beings ought to pursue.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun the supreme good in which all moral values are included or from which they are derived
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
[Latin : summum, neuter of summus, highest + bonum, good.]
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
From medieval philosophy; Latin for the highest good.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
New comments are temporarily disabled while we update our database.