from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License

  • adj. Having a plaited and convolute arrangement in the bud, as in the morning glory.

from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English

  • adj. Having a plainted and convolute arrangement in the bud, as in the morning-glory.

from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia

  • In botany, noting a form of estivation in which the plaits of a gamopetalous corolla successively overlap one another, as in the morning-glory, jimson-weed, etc.: same as convolute except that the latter refers to petals instead of plaits; also, of a leaf, same as convolute.


Latin supervolutus, past participle of supervolvere to roll over; super over + volvere to roll. (Wiktionary)


Sorry, no example sentences found.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.