from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License

  • n. A device on a mowing machine or combine harvester that raises uncut grain and marks the edge of the swathe

from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English

  • n. A device attached to a mowing machine for raising the uncut fallen grain and marking the limit of the swath.

from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia

  • n. A device with curved arms extending diagonally backward, fixed to the end of the cutter-bar of a reaper or mower to lift up uncut stalks, and throw those that are cut in such a way as to mark a line of separation between the uncut and the cut.


Sorry, no etymologies found.



Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.