from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia

  • n. In a gate-valve, a moving part which is secured at one edge so that it can swing across the opening through the valve on a pin or hinge, as distinguished from the moving part of such a valve which slides across the opening—the more common method.


Sorry, no etymologies found.


    Sorry, no example sentences found.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.