from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A decorative loop or tassel attached to the hilt of a sword.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A type of ribbon attached to the hilt of a sword, originally as a way of fastening it to the wrist, but later chiefly as an ornament.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a ribbon tied to the hilt of a sword.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A ribbon or tassel tied to the hilt of a sword.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an ornamental tassel on the hilt of a sword
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.