from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An automotive gear-shifting system in which the gears are synchronized at the same speeds before engaging to effect a smooth shift.
- n. A gear in such a system.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. System of synchronized transmission found in modern gearboxes to make gear changing easier and smoother.
- n. A device which functions like a synchronized transmission.
- adj. Having the quality or smoothly exchanging interlocking forces.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an automotive system for shifting gears in which the gears revolve at the same speed and so shift smoothly
Sorry, no etymologies found.
ITs topological visual synchromesh means silvered glass does not function for IT, but humans can view their own image.
On a parallel track, the language synchromesh was filtering usage for the word'buy '- credits, debits, transaction, merchandise, produce, all flash across ITs neural net, but none seem to correspond syntactically.
Popham's red coupe is a Series 2 E-type that gained engine displacement (4.2 liters), a full-synchromesh four-speed gearbox, a larger grille opening and bumpers but shed a carburetor (twin Strombergs), lost its aluminum dash, glass headlight covers and a few horsepower.
This engine also features a six speed manual transmission to take advantage of its torque potential and features triple cone synchromesh for smoother shifting. i-AWD (intelligent - All Wheel Drive)
The car also introduced Indian drivers to the virtues of electronic ignition and synchromesh, floor shift gears that took out a lot of the pain and the agony of negotiating India's pot-holed roads.
"If I go through the gears quickly it feels like synchromesh but if I let it rev out I'll have to try matching the revs and double clutch to try getting it into gear."
It features an 8F/8R Synchro-shuttle with full synchromesh transmission, dual dry with cerametallic lining clutch, independent PTO and comes standard with hydraulic position and draft controls.
This light-weight, all-synchromesh gearbox is strong enough for Chrysler to have coupled it to their small-block V8 for use in some
Stiliyan Petrov would benefit from synchromesh - crashing through the gears as he does -
C-type gearbox has a conventional H pattern change with no synchromesh.