from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- adjective Serving to connect, as a conjunction; copulative or conjunctive.
- adjective Connected by a conjunction.
from The Century Dictionary.
- Connecting by means of conjunctions or other connectives; pertaining to such connection: as, syndetic arrangement: opposed to asyndetic.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adjective Connecting; conjunctive
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- adjective grammar
Connectedby a conjunction.
- adjective grammar Serving to connect;
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adjective connected by a conjunction
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
[Greek sundetikos, from sundetos, bound together, from sundein, to bind together : sun-, syn- + dein, to bind.]