from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. lacking organised or systematic structure; without a system
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Being without system.
- adj. Not agreeing with some artificial system of classification.
- adj. Not having any of the distinct systems or types of structure, as the radiate, articulate, etc., characteristic of organic nature.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Without system; in biology, not exhibiting any of the distinct systems or types of structure characteristic of most organisms, as the radiate in the vegetable kingdom, and the vertebrate, etc., in the animal kingdom; lacking differentiated or specialized tissues; structureless: as, in the vegetable kingdom the Algæ and in the animal kingdom the Protozoa are systemless.
Tales from the Rocket HouseA Little Housekeeping discussion has led me to realize that "systemless" isn't the best word, since the whole topic of the last two columns, effectively, an informal social system.
I look forward to the silence of life and the embrace of a systemless sleep …
Most recently, they started to publish Freeport as a set of core “systemless” books and then system specific companions – their in-house True20 system and normal d20.
I recently ran a very successful systemless tabletop RPG called Blue Charlie.
I would VERY much like to see writeups sufficient for someone else to run them would be nice, some descriptions of play would be even better of any of your systemless RPG scenarios.
He'd been a remittance man too, back in the thirties, and the most maniacal, systemless chess player in Central Asia.
Wars between France, England, and Holland, the indifferent, systemless ways of French colonization, but chiefly the constant incursion of the Caribs, interrupted or at least greatly obstructed the progress of missions.
There have been isolated acts of self-sacrifice, splendid in themselves but systemless.
Low ideals, slipshod work, aimless, systemless, half-hearted endeavors, should have no place in your program.
It not only settles him down to systematic, intelligent work, but it tends to deliver him from the systemless and thriftless style of living that characterizes the man who only does