from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia

  • n. An iron plate in cross-section like the letter T. Also called T-iron.
  • n. In vehicles and other structures, a wrought-iron stay or strengthening piece for reinforcing woodwork where one piece is joined to another by a mortise and tenon. It is shaped like the letter T, and has one or more screw-or bolt-holes on each arm.


Sorry, no etymologies found.


    Sorry, no example sentences found.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.