from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A machine that records the measurements of a tachometer, especially one in a vehicle recording its speed and the times at which it was driven.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A device that records the distance and time traveled by a vehicle (especially a truck or coach), used to check the drivers' working time.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A recording or registering tachometer; also, its autographic record.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A recording tachometer applied to shafting or wheels to register rotation-speed; a speed-indicator. Also tacheograph.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a tachometer that produces a graphical record of its readings; used to record the speed and duration of trips in a motor vehicle
The new rules forbid drivers of commercial vehicles, including rescue tow trucks, from travelling more than 62 miles from their bases unless the vehicle is fitted with a tachograph – a device that monitors the number of hours spent on the road.
The jury heard expert evidence that the vehicle's tachograph showed Mr Shapland had been travelling at 55mph (89km/h) in a 40mph (64km/h) zone, and that braking had reduced the speed to 52mph (84km/h) at the point of impact.
Those who admitted forging their tachograph records were: James Aird, 48, of Mountblow
All the charges related to alleged tachograph offences between November 2007 and November
A complex investigation by Cumbria police has led to 13 drivers working for a Northern Ireland haulage firm admitting falsifying their tachograph records.
And Patrick Boyle, the managing director, also pleaded not guilty to perverting the course of justice by attempting to dispose of tachograph vehicle units.
Hunkered down in his cab, the man reportedly gobbled up the paper discs of his truck's tachograph, which records speed and the time driven.
Using the integrated OmniExpress system's on-board computer with the vehicle's digital tachograph, Waberer's will be able to monitor driver and vehicle activities remotely.
Peter Johnson, of Inchcape Ford Farnborough, worked with them to determine the correct information regarding tachograph regulations and supported their fund-raising efforts through sponsorship from Inchcape Farnborough.
Hunkered down in his cab, the man reportedly gobbled up the paper discs of his truck's tachograph, which records the time driven.