from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having a clubfoot; clubfooted.
- n. A person with a clubfoot.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Clubfooted; twisted or distorted out of shape or position, as a foot; having a clubbed foot, or talipes, as a person.
- Having the feet naturally twisted into an unusual position, as a sloth; walking on the back of the foot.
- n. One who or that which is taliped or clubfooted.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having a deformed foot
From New Latin tālipēs, tāliped-, clubfoot; see talipes.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
A gnarled and taliped and snaggy landscape where man might be seen as an afterthought.