from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A sleeveless, tight-fitting, usually knit shirt with wide shoulder straps and no front opening.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An item of casual clothing: a top with no sleeves.
- n. The top of a ship's bilge tank, usually the lowest horizontal surface on board.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a sleeveless and collarless shirt with wide shoulder straps and no front opening, often close-fitting and low-cut.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a tight-fitting sleeveless shirt with wide shoulder straps and low neck and no front opening; often worn over a shirt or blouse
From its resemblance to a tank suit.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Sorry, no example sentences found.