from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A device that reads data stored on magnetic tape and writes data onto the tape for storage.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A cassette drive.
- n. A reel-to-reel tape machine for computers.
- n. A tape cartridge interface for computers that reads and/or writes to a tape.
- n. A drive mechanism that is used to traverse a tape.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a mechanism that transports magnetic tape across the read/write heads of a tape playback/recorder
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.