Help Wordnik hunt for a million missing words by backing our Kickstarter!


from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia

  • n. A form of primer, now obsolete, for firearms, consisting of a narrow strip of paper or other flexible material containing at short and regular intervals small charges of a fulminating composition, the whole coated with a water-proof composition.


Sorry, no etymologies found.


Sorry, no example sentences found.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.