from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- transitive verb To treat, impregnate, or combine with tartar.
from The Century Dictionary.
- To impregnate with tartar; refine by means of the salt of tartar.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- transitive verb To cause to resemble the Tartars and their civilization, as by conquest.
- transitive verb (Chem.), rare To impregnate with, or subject to the action of, tartar.
- transitive verb (Med. Chem.) tartar emetic.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- verb chemistry, transitive To
impregnatewith, or subject to the action of, tartar.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
tartar + -ize
Sorry, no example sentences found.