from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An unknown land; an unexplored region: "a vast and virtually final terra incognita left to terrestrial explorers” ( David F. Salisbury).
- n. A new or unexplored field of knowledge.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Land that has never been explored or mapped; uncharted territory.
- n. By extension, ideas or concepts that have not yet been tried or explored.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- An unknown land; unexplored country.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an unknown and unexplored region
New Latin : Latin terra, land + incognita, feminine of incognitus, unknown.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Latin: terra, land; incognita, unknown. (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.