from The Century Dictionary.
- In mathematics, pertaining to or dividing into quadrilaterals
- Same as
- In crystallography, same as
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adjective Of, pertaining to, or containing, tesseræ.
- adjective (Crystallog.) Isometric.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- adjective Of, or pertaining to, tessarae.
- adjective mathematics Describing number systems, algebras, and algorithms over labeled hierarchical subdivisions of space.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
Similarly, in the last elements of mineralogy I took up, the first order of crystals was called 'tesseral'; the writer being much too fine to call them 'four-al,' and too much bent on distinguishing himself from all previous writers to call them cubic.
A 'Direct Method' mosaic courtyard made from irregular pebbles and stone strips, Li Jiang, Yunnan, PRC (China) The direct method of mosaic construction involves directly placing (gluing) the individual tesseral onto the supporting surface.