from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, or pertaining to, tessarae.
- adj. isometric.
- adj. Describing number systems, algebras, and algorithms over labeled hierarchical subdivisions of space.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of, pertaining to, or containing, tesseræ.
- adj. Isometric.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In mathematics, pertaining to or dividing into quadrilaterals
- Same as tessellar.
- In crystallography, same as isometric.
Similarly, in the last elements of mineralogy I took up, the first order of crystals was called 'tesseral'; the writer being much too fine to call them 'four-al,' and too much bent on distinguishing himself from all previous writers to call them cubic.
A 'Direct Method' mosaic courtyard made from irregular pebbles and stone strips, Li Jiang, Yunnan, PRC (China) The direct method of mosaic construction involves directly placing (gluing) the individual tesseral onto the supporting surface.