from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A paper bearing a student's work for an examination.
- noun Paper saturated with a reagent, such as litmus, used in making chemical tests.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun In chem., a paper impregnated with a chemical reagent, as litmus, and used for detecting the presence of certain substances, which cause a reaction and a change in the color of the paper.
- noun In law, a document allowed to be used in a court of justice as a standard of comparison for determining a question of handwriting.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun a paper submitted to an
examinationby a student
- noun chemistry a small piece of paper
impregnatedwith a chemical indicatorfor making qualitativetests
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun paper impregnated with an indicator for use in chemical tests
- noun a written examination
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.