from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- adjective Having four digits on each extremity.
from The Century Dictionary.
- Having four fingers or toes; quadridigitate: noting either the fore feet or the hind feet of a quadruped, or
- a four-toed bird, or
- a quadruped only (when four-toed before and behind).
- noun A four-toed animal.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adjective (Zoöl.) Tetradactylous.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- adjective anatomy Having four
digitson a limb.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
The natural cast of tetradactyl digitigrade footprint (Fig. lB), was found underneath the pelvic girdle by two of us (TS and GN), while the skeleton and matrix were being recently prepared.