from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One of four spores produced from a tetrasporangium.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any of the four, asexual spores produced by a sporangium
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A nonsexual spore, one of a group of four regularly occurring in red seaweeds.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In botany, an asexually produced spore of florideous algæ: so called from the circumstance that usually four are produced by the division of the mother-cell. See spore, cruciate, 2, bispore, Florideæ. Also called spherospore. See cut under Algæ.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. one of the four asexual spores produced within a sporangium
tetra- + spore (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.