from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun One of four spores produced from a tetrasporangium.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun In botany, an asexually produced spore of florideous algæ: so called from the circumstance that usually four are produced by the division of the mother-cell. See
spore, cruciate, 2, bispore, Florideæ. Also called spherospore. See cut under Algæ.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun (Bot.) A nonsexual spore, one of a group of four regularly occurring in red seaweeds.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun biology Any of the four, asexual
sporesproduced by a sporangium
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun one of the four asexual spores produced within a sporangium
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
tetra- + spore
Sorry, no example sentences found.