from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or containing thallium, especially with valence 3.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Pertaining to or containing the element thallium, especially with valence 3.
- adj. Pertaining to a thallus.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to thallium; derived from, or containing, thallium; specifically, designating those compounds in which the element has a higher valence as contrasted with the
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In chem., of, pertaining to, or containing thallium: as, thallic acid.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.