from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun Any of a group of organisms, including the algae, fungi, and lichens, that show no differentiation into stem, root, or leaf and were formerly regarded as constituting a subkingdom of the plant kingdom.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun A plant of the subkingdom Thallophyta; one of the lower cryptogams.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun (Bot.) A plant belonging to the Thallophyta.
- noun (Bot.) Same as
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun botany Any of a large number of
plantsthat consist of a thallusonly, with no flower, leavesetc.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun any of a group of cryptogamic organisms consisting principally of a thallus and thus showing no differentiation into stem and root and leaf
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
thallus + -phyte
Sorry, no example sentences found.