from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun Attribution of human traits to God; anthropomorphism.
- noun Christianity The doctrine of the union of human and divine natures in Jesus.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun The union or combination of the divine and human natures; also, belief in such a union or combination.
- noun The deification of man, or the humanizing of divinity.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun rare A state of being God and man.
- noun The ascription of human atributes to the Deity, or to a polytheistic deity; anthropomorphism.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun A state of being
- noun The
ascriptionof human attributesto a deity.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun the representation of objects (especially a god) as having human form or traits
- noun (theology) the doctrine that Jesus was a union of the human and the divine
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
Ancient Greek god + man.
Sorry, no example sentences found.