from The Century Dictionary.
- Of the nature of, or pertaining to, a theca, in any sense; vaginal; theciform.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adjective Of or pertaining to a theca.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- adjective Of or pertaining to a
- adjective Possessing a theca.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
When these tendon sheaths are opened, there follows a reaction which is quite analogous to that which exists in arthritic synovitis, but instead of ankylosis, adhesions with thecal obliteration occur.
*  Before the days of anesthesia, such cases as the following, reported by Sir Astley Cooper, seem to have been not unusual: A brewer's servant, a man of middle age and robust frame, suffered much agony for several days from a thecal abscess, occasioned by a splinter of wood beneath the thumb.
Astley Cooper, seem to have been not unusual: A brewer's servant, a man of middle age and robust frame, suffered much agony for several days from a thecal abscess, occasioned by a splinter of wood beneath the thumb.
When the intra-thecal tension is normal, the fluid trickles away drop by drop, but if it is increased, as, for example, in meningitis, intra-cranial tumour, hydrocephalus, or uræmia, it may escape in a jet.
To determine whether blood in the fluid is due to the puncture or to a pre-existing intra-cranial or intra-thecal hæmorrhage, the fluid should be centrifugalised; in the former case the supernatant fluid is clear and limpid, in the latter it retains a yellow tinge.
The neurosurgeon who looked at Doran's MRI results found a broken vertebral disc lodged against his "thecal sac and nerve roots centrally" and a large annular tear, and performed back surgery on him almost immediately.
• The cells of the theca interna later secrete a hormone called estrogen; and they are called the thecal gland.
There is a 4-5mm C5-C6 broad-based central, left paracentral disc protrusion contouring the thecal sac and narrowing the AP diameter of the thecal sac down to 8-9mm, causing mild central spinal canal narrowing, without significant foraminal stenosis.
A. tamarense is very similar morphologically to other species in the same genus, however it can be distinguished by the presence of a ventral pore on the 1 'plate, and the shape and size of its cells and thecal plates.
It U aboot 73 miln 4» vcr Ttiarfo, and thecal itey aUe gifa tcpgthf aii'l 75 in hrradtby containiii | r Oo employment to maay. ta«rns, aad 674 vtllaget.
The universal gazetteer : being a concise description ... of the nations, kingdoms, states, towns ... &c. in the known world ; the government, manners, and religion of the inhabitants ... of the different countries. Illustrated with a complete set of maps