from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun Any of several North American anemones having cylindrical, thimblelike fruit clusters.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun An American anemone, Anemone Virginiana.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun (Bot.) Any plant of the composite genus Rudbeckia, coarse herbs somewhat resembling the sunflower; -- so called from their conical receptacles.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun botany Any of various
plantswhose headsresemble thimbles, including Rudbeckia laciniata, Anemone virginiana, and Anemone cylindrica.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a common North American anemone with cylindrical fruit clusters resembling thimbles
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
thimble + weed
Sorry, no example sentences found.