from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A vitreous brownish-yellow to black radioactive mineral, essentially ThSiO4, an ore of thorium.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A radioactive mineral, composed mostly of thorium silicate (ThSiO4), along with silicates of uranium and the rare earths.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A mineral of a brown to black color, or, as in the variety orangite, orange-yellow. It is essentially a silicate of thorium.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An explosive of the ammonium-nitrate class once experimented with as a bursting charge for shell.
- n. A silicate of thorium, generally compact with conchoidal fracture, and of a black color, or, as in the variety orangite, orange-yellow.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a radioactive mineral consisting of thorium silicate; it is a source of thorium that is found in coarse granite
"Dynamite or rhexite or meganite or carbonite or stonite or vigorite or cordite or ballistite or thorite or maxamite ----"
Pink eudialyte and thorite occur as disseminations and blebs in the dyke.
The placer gravels contain abundant chevkinite, eudialyte, ilmenite, monazite, tscheffkinite, and zircon and minor to trace allanite, cassiterite and thorite.