from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A device used to thread needles
- n. A device used to machine a screw thread
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A device for assisting in threading a needle.
- n. A tool or machine for forming a thread on a screw or in a nut.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which threads; specifically, a contrivance for threading needles. See needle-threader.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a blunt needle for threading ribbon through loops
After rising above the surface, the loop of the threaded needle is seized by a "threader," and thrown into the barb of the barbed needle.
SVP supplied fabric, thread and decorations, plus a Singer Confidence Stylist mid-level machine, with 70 stitch patterns and an automatic needle threader.
In our 2009 review of sewing machines, the electronic Brother Innov-is 40 Project Runway Limited Edition was easy to use and has an automatic needle threader, variable speed control, and thread cutters that minimize tangling.
In a pinch when I've been at work and had no easy access to a needle threader, I have also used a bent paper clip.
Hrm... perhaps I should put a needle threader in my drawer.
My vision's still pretty good, but an automatic threader seems a worthwhile feature.
It has a detachable foot pedal that offers you total control on even the most difficult curves and patterns, six bobbins and a needle threader.
As threader of worms, I caught the excitement of a fish tugging on a line as well as the shade-shifting brilliance of a setting sun.
(Thanks to threader Jim for pointing it out to us.)
Thanks to threader JeffSD for pointing me to this.