from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having an equilateral triangular cross section: a three-square file.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having a cross section in the form of an equilateral triangle; said especially of a kind of file.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. having three, five, etc., equal sides; as, a three-square file.
- adj. Having a cross section in the form of an equilateral triangle; -- said especially of a kind of file.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- See square.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Court documents say three people left a campfire unattended Tuesday and high winds spread the embers into the forest, burning through more than three-square miles.
Brackish marsh species include giant cordgrass (Spartina cynosuroides), salt marsh bulrush, common three-square, soft-stem bulrush, broadleaf cattail, arrowhead, spider-lily, salt reedgrass, reed and arrow arum.
The police are focusing their search on a three-square mile area surrounding the Cruz home.
When you contrast that to the fact that we have dozens of shootings in our communities on a daily base this Los Angeles County -- and we have a three-square - mile radius in Los Angeles County where on track to have about 120 homicides this year.
- Sharpening of the saw (filing of the teeth) · Select a three-square file with a cross-section that is equal to the form of the tooth space.
- When adjusting smaller teeth file out with a three-square file.
Knife, three-square or square files with fine cut are used for sharpening.
(Flat scraper, pull-type scraper, curved bearing scraper, three-square scraper.) 5.
In their preparation three articles are essential; first a three-square hard-steel file or preferably a glass-worker's knife of hard Thuringian steel for cutting glass tubes etc.; next a blowpipe flame, for although much can be done with the ordinary Bunsen burner, a blowpipe flame makes for rapid work; and lastly a bat's-wing burner.
The triangular or three-square form is such a form also as is seldom chosen by any that may make another choise.