Help Wordnik hunt for a million missing words by backing our Kickstarter!


from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia

  • n. An implement like a broad chisel or gouge; a trowel with a long handle, used for cutting up weeds, etc., in agriculture like the common hoe, but with a thrust instead of a pull. Also called Dutch hoe. See cut under hoe.


Sorry, no etymologies found.



Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.