from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An old Thai measurement of weight, the baht, of about 15 grams.
- n. A Burmese measurement of weight, the kyattha, of about 16.3293 grams (0.576 ounces).
- n. The baht, the currency of Siam (now Thailand).
- n. A former currency of Cambodia.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A bean-shaped coin of Siam, worth about sixty cents; also, a weight equal to 236 grains troy.
- n. A money of account in China, reckoning at about $1.60; also, a weight of about four ounces avoirdupois.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A weight now used in Burma and Siam, and formerly in many other places in the Indies, equal to about 230 grains troy; also, a current silver coin of Siam, worth 2s. 1d. (about 50 United States cents).
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the basic unit of money in Thailand
The currency was originally known as the tical; this name was used in the English language text on banknotes until 1925.
Yet he was only 36 when the Surrealists in Paris expelled him from their circle, citing his outsize ego and poli tical apathy.
Most of the SEIU's $44 million comes from the 300,000 of its members who donate $7 monthly to the union poli tical-action committee.
Both tical and baht were originally units of weight and coins were issued in both silver and gold denominated by their weight in baht and its fractions and multiples.
Even the tight line of her lips had an ascetic ecclesias-tical flavour.
"Clearly," wrote Geerdes, "the Tac [tical Squad] cop with his baton is the modern counterpart of the bone-wielding killer ape, while the longhaired hippy represents ... a regression to an earlier, primitive level of development" — but one that promised "intellectually a progression into the future."
Unfortunately, the poli-tical landscape in India leaves little room these days for the play of liberalism as we understand it.
Schriesheim concluded that distinguishing between leader-member and leader-group measurements, although theoretically meaningful, may have little prac tical utility; however, he favored continuing to use available leader-member descriptions rather than leader-group descriptions for theoretical purposes.
Flawed though it may be, education is the key to future success, and no mstter what po;li tical circumstances may arise we must approach this subjecr carefully.
The Powers That Be at Goliath want Next to liberate Schitt from his Poe-tical prison, and to coerce her into the deed, they have eradicated her husband from Time.