from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.

  • noun A metal rod that joins and reinforces parts in a structure.
  • noun Either of two metal rods or arms that transmit motion to the front axle in certain vehicular steering systems.

from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.

  • noun A slender metal rod used to support or reinforce part of a structure
  • noun Either of a pair of rods that link the steering mechanism to the front wheel or axle of some vehicles


Sorry, no etymologies found.


    Sorry, no example sentences found.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.