from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To dye (fabric) after tying parts of the fabric so that they will not absorb dye, giving the fabric a streaked or mottled look.
- n. The process of tie-dyeing.
- n. A tie-dyed fabric or garment.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To tie strings around (fabric or clothing) and then dye it, in such a manner that the tied parts do not get colored.
- n. A shirt that has been tie-dyed.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. dye after knotting the fabric to produce an irregular pattern
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Their tie-dye candy colours suggest rave-era new ageism but their hunched backs hint that reverie is no easy path to enlightenment.
I don't see how to keep out the godforsaken artisanal soap goons and tie-dye artistes and smoked salmon entrepreneurs, but homegrown businesses that * don't* focus on the overplayed cedar-smoked-patchouli-and-organic-hairy-legs view of Seattle (talk about dated!) should certainly be featured in this space.
What I found most unexpected was that these folks were not in tie-dye and Birkenstocks.
I have seen tie-dye cupcakes before but yours turned out much cuter!
This is the fourth of a series of four books I did simultaneously in which I used the same rainbow tie-dye fabric as a base.
I can explain the tie-dye bandana in two words: ultimate frisbee.
Second, most of the characters on the show are now college-age and I think we all did some crazy things at that time in our lives (I use to wear tie-dye and bandannas — terrifying!).
When the director of pupil services for the state approached her after the performance, Micaela knew what she was doing was "way bigger than tie-dye."
Our supporters work around the clock year-round to organize the GIRLS WHO ROCK concert during Internet Week New York, or host tie-dye cupcake sales on their college campuses.
Bottega Veneta tie-dye scarf in magenta bordeaux, £255 I've never seen anything by BV that I didn't covet, which is why I always include them in gift guides.