from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English

  • n. A rod used as a tie. See tie.

from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia

  • n. A rod used to bind longitudinal railway-sleepers to one another: same as cross-tie.
  • n. In arch., bridge-building, etc., a rod used to draw and bind together parts of a structure; a binding-rod.

from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.

  • n. either of two rods that link the steering gear to the front wheels


Sorry, no etymologies found.



Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.