from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A large voracious shark (Galeocerdo cuvieri) of tropical waters, having a grayish-brown color with vertical bars along the sides.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A large shark, Galeocerdo cuvier, common in the mid-Pacific, that hunts alone and has dark stripes across its back.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a voracious shark (Galeocerdo tigrinus syn. Galeocerdo maculatus) more or less barred or spotted with yellow. It is found in both the Atlantic and Indian Ocean. Called also zebra shark.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A large and voracious shark, Galeocerdo maculatus or Stegostoma tigrinum, more or less marked with yellow, of the warmer parts of the Atlantic and Pacific; the zebra-shark.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. large dangerous warm-water shark with striped or spotted body
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.