from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A container of tin-coated sheet metal used especially for preserving food.
- n. Informal A naval destroyer.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a container, usually cylindrical, made out of sheet metal coated with tin
- n. a container, usually cylindrical, made out of sheet metal coated with aluminum
- n. a destroyer
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. informal term for a destroyer
- n. airtight sealed metal container for food or drink or paint etc.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.