from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English

  • n. The detachable or movable fore part of a gunstock, lying beneath the barrel or barrels, and forming a hold for the left hand.

from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia

  • n. The movable tip or fore end of a gunstock, situated under the barrel or barrels, especially when it is a separate piece, in front of the breech or trigger-guard.


Sorry, no etymologies found.


    Sorry, no example sentences found.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.