from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.

  • noun Thin, translucent paper used for packing, wrapping, or protecting delicate articles.

from The Century Dictionary.

  • noun See paper.

from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.

  • noun Thin, translucent paper used for wrapping or for protecting delicate articles.
  • noun An unspecified product made of tissue (absorbent paper), such as bathroom tissue, paper handkerchief or household towel.

from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.

  • noun a soft thin (usually translucent) paper


Sorry, no etymologies found.


    Sorry, no example sentences found.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.