from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English

  • intransitive v. to be diverted; to deviate from a course.
  • transitive v. To shut off, as a fluid, by means of a valve, stopcock, or other device; to stop the passage of; as, to turn off the water or the gas.


Sorry, no etymologies found.


    Sorry, no example sentences found.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.