from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License

  • n. that part of a machine, such as a lathe, that supports the cutting tool

from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English

  • n. the part that supports a tool-post or a tool.

from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia

  • n. A device on the front of a lathe, used either as a support for a handtool or for holding a cutting-tool in position. It has sometimes various adjustments for moving the tool. See slide-rest, and cut under lathe.


Sorry, no etymologies found.


    Sorry, no example sentences found.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.